Organizing The New School Year
A Planning Series
I can not believe we are getting ready to finish our 9th year of homeschooling! Absolutely unbelievable to me. Where did the time go? This also means that my oldest is will be starting high school this coming year. Yep, I’m in full on crazy homeschool mom mode here.
In the past I’ve started all this prep work after I finished the entire school year. However, with all of the great deals you can grab at homeschool conventions and online now beginning in March, it was time to up it.
With this in mind, I’m spending the month of March sharing with you a few steps I take to get our homeschool, kiddos and myself ready for the new year. We don’t just jump into it all willy-nilly like. There is a process. So, here are the topics I’ll be covering over the next 4 weeks:
- A Year In Review: I always begin by reviewing the year we just finished.
- Choosing Curriculum: Once you know what you all liked and didn’t like last year, you can then move on to the new stuff.
- Letters Of Intent: Each state is different, but I’ll be sharing what I do and a free download you can use.
- Time To Plan: You have a clean planner – don’t be afraid to fill it with fun!
- School Room Prep: Once you’ve begun planning you can then begin prepping that school room.
- Prepping The Kiddos: Time to pump up the kiddos. Let them in on a few fun things – but give some teasers too!
- Prepping The Mama: This is all about prepping our Mama hearts to lead our children to love learning.
My hope is that this will help you in starting your school year prep – it’s worked for me. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any of these upcoming articles: Subscribe to HomeschoolinMama.com
Love Life, Love God, Live For HIM…