Planning The New Homeschool Year
Don’t you just love planning the new homeschool year? It’s one of my favorite times of year! All of the new curriculum, school supplies, and possibilities of an amazing new year!
Planners are just one of my favorites. It falls under my school/office supplies obsession.
But it’s hard to find one that has every thing I want/need, right!? So, this year I decided to create my own planner to fit it all in and I’ve decided to share it with my favorite homeschoolin’ mamas – my subscribers!
Inside the Homeschool Planner 2018-2019:
- A Year At A Glance: Quick and easy way to lay out important dates/holidays and get your “basic” school year layout.
- Monthly Calendars: Schedule your school days, fields trips and any appointments on an easy to use calendar.
- Weekly Schedule: Plan out your daily schedule. Print out one for each of your kiddos and create the best daily schedule for your family.
- Week Of..: Each Sunday night I like to sit down and plan out my week but I don’t mean your curriculum. This is a time for you to plan your goals for the week, your plan of attack and your prayers for the week.
- This Week We…: Use this as a journal for your week. Brag about your accomplishments, things you learned/challenges and what you’re grateful for.
- Weekly Lesson Plans: Here is where you plan your curriculum, field trips, co-op days.
- Field Trips & Reading List Logs: Plan your field trips and keep track of your kiddos reading books.
- Plan For Success – High School: From 8th grade on it’s time to plan your child’s curriculum to make sure they are on the right path to get into college.
- Roadmap To Your Success: Create a page for yourself and each of your kiddos. Work together on creating individual goals for the new school year. It’s time to reach for success.
- SMART Goals: Each week you use these sheets to track your goals and activities you’re doing to accomplish them.
- Semester Review: Review your goals at the end of each semester. Keep tracking.
- Special Dates: Log any and all dates that are important to you.
- Notes: Print out blank pages to keep special notes through out the year.
- 2018-2019 Calendar: Quick reference yearly calendar pages.
I like to have the first semester planned before the new school year starts up. So I’ve printed the all of the calendars, goals, and schedules for the full year. Then I printed out the lesson plan pages I need just for the first semester. By the end of October I will print out the remainder lesson plan pages I need and begin planning the second half.
Print out what you need and leave what you don’t need. This planner is all about customizing your life, your way! Here are the supplies I used to create mine.
Items Needed To Create Your Own Planner:
- Heavy Stock White Paper –
- Levenger 1 1/2 Circa Discs Ring Binders
- Levenger Translucent Circa Cover, Letter Size
- Levenger Plastic 5 Tab Dividers
- Levenger Hole Punch
- Subscribe & Download the Homeschool Planner 2018-2019
Share this with your friends! It’s free for everyone. I only ask that you share this post and not the actual file for the planner.
Let me know how you use it and anything you’d like to see added. Share your images with #HSMama and #HSPlanner – I’d love to see how you use it!
Love Life, Love God, Live For HIM…